Monday, March 6, 2017

Elton John encourages young singers to get their highs from music not drugs

 Elton John encourages young singers to get their highs from music not drugs

Elton John is urging younger artists to stay off cocaine – and speaks from his own experience.
He says: “Young musicians have disappeared into the bathroom and I’ve gone, ‘Are you doing coke?’ And they’re going, ‘Yeah!’ I said, ‘That’s not a good idea’ and they say, ‘It’s what I’m meant to do, isn’t it?’
“No, you’re not. It’s a f****** horrible drug. It brings out the worst side of your soul, you don’t need it, you’ve got so much talent.
"Stop it. It’s a f****** horror story.
“Just because Amy Winehouse , Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix died at 27, it doesn’t mean you have to.” 

Speaking about his own years of excess, Elton, 68, tells Vice: “I used to sit on my own doing lines of coke, smoking joints and drinking scotch. I used to think, ‘Why am I doing this?’ I didn’t realise I was an addict.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment